If your tattoo was wrapped with Saniderm:
Remove the Saniderm after 5 days. Either in the shower or under water gently peel the Saniderm off from top to bottom.
If your tattoo was wrapped with standard wrap:
Within 2 hours of leaving the shop, remove the wrap gently and clean! To clean use a mild, unscented hand soap. Lather hands well, blot with soap then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Pat dry with paper towels. DO NOT use bath towels for the first 72 hours! Only wash morning & night or if you get it dirty. DO NOT over-wash! DO NOT RE-WRAP!
After removing the wrap from your tattoo:
- Apply a thin film of "Aquaphor" as needed to keep moisturized for the next 3-4 days (1 day if Saniderm was used). Blot any excess amount! DO NOT overuse!
- After 1-4 days of "Aquaphor" (depending on the wrap) stop using it and switch to a plain, unscented lotion and apply every 2 hours as needed to keep the skin moisturized. Continue use for the next 2 weeks while awake. Don't worry about while you are sleeping.
- Stay out of sunlight and tanning booth until Custom Tattoo is healed, at least 10-14 days.
- For at least 2 weeks after your tattoo date, absolutely no submerging of any kind! DO NOT soak in a tub, sauna, Jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing. Keep the tattoo out of direct water during a shower.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the tattoo while it is healing. Loss of color and/or infection could occur. Itching is normal. Lightly pat it if you must but DO NOT scratch it!
- Avoid direct sunlight to the tattoo area! Extreme sun exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. Once healed this can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SPF-25. DO NOT use sunscreen on your tattoo while it is healing!
- Your tattoo should heal in 3-4 weeks. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop at any time during the healing process such as the following: redness at the site (after a few days), green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
Please follow only these aftercare instructions for your new tattoo!
Should you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact your artist or send us a follow-up message through our contact page.
INK Tattoo Co.