Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
If your tattoo was wrapped with Saniderm:
- Remove the Saniderm after 5 days.
- Either in the shower or under water gently peel the Saniderm off from top to bottom.
- Continue below to our tattoo aftercare instructions for after removing the wrap.
If your tattoo was wrapped with standard wrap:
- Within 2 hours of leaving the shop, remove the wrap gently and clean for proper tattoo aftercare.
- To clean use a mild, unscented hand soap. Lather hands well, blot with soap then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Only wash morning & night or if you get it dirty.
- DO NOT use bath towels for the first 72 hours!
- DO NOT over-wash!
- DO NOT RE-WRAP!
After removing the wrap from your tattoo:
- Apply a thin film of "Aquaphor" as needed to keep moisturized for the next 3-4 days (1 day if Saniderm was used). Blot any excess amount! DO NOT overuse!
- After 1-4 days of "Aquaphor" (depending on the wrap) stop using it and switch to a plain, unscented lotion and apply every 2 hours as needed to keep the skin moisturized. Continue use for the next 2 weeks while awake. Don't worry about while you are sleeping.
- Stay out of sunlight and tanning booth until Custom Tattoo is healed, at least 10-14 days.
- For at least 2 weeks after your tattoo date, absolutely no submerging of any kind! DO NOT soak in a tub, sauna, Jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing. Keep the tattoo out of direct water during a shower.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the tattoo while it is healing. Loss of color and/or infection could occur. Itching is normal. Lightly pat it if you must but DO NOT scratch it!
- Avoid direct sunlight to the tattoo area! Extreme sun exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. Once healed this can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SPF-25. DO NOT use sunscreen on your tattoo while it is healing!
- Your tattoo should heal in 3-4 weeks. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop at any time during the healing process such as the following: redness at the site (after a few days), green/yellow discharge (foul smelling) and/or fever.
Please follow only these tattoo aftercare instructions!
Should you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact your artist or send us a follow-up message through our contact page.